SoundCloud Announces the Launch of Creative Projects from this Year’s “First On SoundCloud” Featured Artists
Yesterday, marking the culmination of the 2021 First on SoundCloud artist accelerator program, SoundCloud announced the full line-up of milestone creative projects from the featured artists: Otis Kane, Charmaine, Payday, Lourdiz, Ela Minus, Sofia Mills, Kid Quill and Pa Salieu. From first-ever live performances to passion projects, each authentic, career-making moment is co-produced by the artists and inspired by their unique creative journey.
The full line up of First On SoundCloud creative projects include:
- Charmaine: Known for her iconic nail art, Charmaine will host a one-of-a-kind pop-up experience for fans in her hometown of Toronto. The pop-up event will debut an original set of nail designs created in collaboration with her personal nail artist and inspired by her forthcoming single and music video, “BBM (Bad Bitch Mentality)”. Guests who RSVP will be able to reserve a slot to experience an exclusive manicure and catch an exclusive world premiere of “BBM (Bad Bitch Mentality)” before it drops.
- Payday: Following the release of her latest mixtape “Rap In a Can” due out today (9/24), the genre-defying artist brings together her two passions – music and skating – for her first-ever fan event in her hometown of Los Angeles. Hosted at her favourite local skate park, this one-of-a-kind fan experience unites her community of family, friends and fans soundtracked by a live DJ and special fan giveaways.
- Ela Minus: The Colombia-born electronic music soundscaper will stage her first major immersive art installation, influenced by her acclaimed LP Acts of Rebellion. Collaborating with visual artist Zach Lieberman, fans will be immersed in a visual world inspired by her album including projection mapping, light installations, and a very special surprise.
- Sofia Mills: The indie-pop singer-songwriter will debut her first-ever music video for an upcoming new track in collaboration with award-winning director Christina Xing.
- Kid Quill: Hot off the stage of Lollapalooza, rapper Kid Quill’s next LP is on the way in 2022 and he has hand-picked a production team to create an epic music video for the debut track to be released later this year.
- Lourdiz: Singer, songwriter, and producer Lourdiz will turn heads with a series of her first-ever billboards throughout Los Angeles and key markets including her hometown of San Antonio in promotion of her latest single dropping today (9/24) “Get Along” feat. Shenseea.
- Pa Salieu: Rising Gambian-British rapper Pa Salieu will collaborate on a special project to reach fans across the globe with details to be announced shortly.
- SoFaygo: Atlanta rapper SoFaygo gave his first-ever live performance to a sold out crowd this summer for fans in his hometown.
Launched earlier this year, First on SoundCloud’s accelerator program is focused on dedicated investment in co-creating each artist’s early career milestones to help drive their long-term success. Throughout the year, First on SoundCloud has not only provided artists with the opportunity to create their own career-firsts but it has also been a catalyst for many other career changing experiences including the live soundscapes of Ela Minus being played during Chanel’s runway show at Paris Fashion Week and Kid Quill gracing the stage of Lollapalooza. First on SoundCloud has been a platform for priceless new connections, first sync offers, and star collaborations for the 2021 featured artist class.
This press release first appeared HERE.